Saturday, February 12, 2011

Goodbye Dairy

I am sorry dairy, but we are no longer friends.  I must learn to live without you...

Well, I doubt I can completely live without cheese and yogurt, but  am ditching milk and butter.  Those two seem to make my throat close up the most.  I am going to cut back on the cheese to once a week.

So... a lot of the recipes I write will be close to vegan, except for when I can afford some meat.  Don't fret!!  There are lots of ways to eat without dairy, lots of delicious ways.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That's it. We're breaking up :).

    I just started cooking with butter again.

    I noticed that I kinda get bloated after eating too much of it, but cutting back and planning around it (like I have to do with wheat) keeps the yuckiness in check.

    There's also Lactaid! And it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Earth's Best Vegan Buttery Sticks a lot. Though sometimes you just need butter.

    ReplyDelete