Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hello World

For the pleasure of everyone who listens to me babble on and on about the food I cook out of my tiny ass kitchen, I have started this food blog... and there was much rejoicing.

I spent a good majority of the day, whilst cleaning, cooking, playing guitar, and mommying about, trying to come up with a blog name. Then, as I surfed the net, I came across a quote from one of my childhood heroes:

"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps." - Miss Piggy

If you have ever gone to the trouble of dealing with an artichoke, you know this is a fairly accurate statement... however those 30 or 40 stamps worth of food are delicate and delicious and worth every bit of effort.  Though there are many instance where it is totally acceptable to sub in a can of artichokes in water or the yummy ones in seasoned oil all in the spirit of saving time.

In general I am not ashamed or lying when I say that I cook all types of food.  My heart revolves around comfort food, but I love fancy treats as well.  I've lived in several regions of the US (the midwest, the south, the southwest), and I've been introduced to almost every type of cuisine.  Since moving (or rather being moved) to Texas, I've developed a deep and passionate love of peppers, spice and Cholula.

I also try to cook within a reasonable budget, focusing recipes around a few ingredients per week so I'm utilizing every penny in my kitchen wisely.  So, let me show you a few tricks I've learned, and some tasty dishes that give you more than a few stamp licks worth of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment